Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery [M.B; B.S.]
Madras Medical College,
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Surgery [M.S.]
Grant Medical College
Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations [DNB] in surgery
National Board of Examinations
New Delhi, India
Member of the Royal College of Surgeons [MRCS]
Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Senior Registrar in Surgical Oncology
Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai,
Master of Chirurgie [M.Ch] Residency in Surgical Oncology
Tata Memorial Hospital
Senior Research fellow in Minimally Invasive Surgery,
Thoracic surgery, Tata Memorial Hospital
Advanced Training in Minimally Invasive Esophageal Surgery Osaka city University School of Medicine [Prof. Harushi Osugi]
Advanced Training in Pancreatic Cancer Surgery Kyoto University School of Medicine, Japan [Prof. Shinji Uemoto and Prof. Ryuchiro Doi]
Visiting fellow in Biliary Cancer Surgery Nagoya University School of Medicine [Prof. Masato Nagino]
Visiting fellow in Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Biliary Surgery University of Tokyo School of Medicine [Prof. Norihiro Kokudo]
UICC fellow in Pancreatic Surgery University of Heidelberg, Germany [Prof. Markus Buechler]
Fellowship in Advanced Minimally Invasive and Robotic GI surgery; University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) & Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
- Board Certified (General Surgery) – Medical Council of India
- Board Certified (General Surgery) – National Board of Examinations, India
- Membership by examination in General Surgery - RCS Edinburgh
- Board Certifieid (Surgical Oncology) - Medical Council of India
- ECFMG: Date of Issue: July 10th, 2012. Validity: Lifetime
- Certification of Robotic console training (Intuitive surgical)
- Advanced Minimally invasive and Robotic surgery fellowship certification (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Fellow of the American college of Surgeons (FACS)
8/2014 till date
Consultant Surgical Oncologist Apollo hospitals, Chennai
Director of Surgical Oncology MIOT hospitals Chennai, India
Academic Achievments and Honours
Distinctions in the Final University Examinations in Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Otorhinolaryngology, Ophthalmology and Surgery.
College Prizes (M.B; B.S.)
- Best Anatomy dissector.
- Anatomy gold medal.
- Rait Dunhill prize for Physiology.
- Certificate of honor in Pharmacology.
- G.V. James prize for principles and practice of surgery.
- Masilamani memorial prize for highest marks in all University examinations.
- Bradfield prize for best student in Anatomy and Surgery.
- Nanjunda Rao gold medal for surgery
- Prof. Thiruvengadam gold medal for highest marks in Physiology and Medicine.
- Lions Club prize for highest marks in all MBBS University examinations.
- Highest marks in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Final University examination.
- Dugar Welfare Foundation prize, for best student in Medicine, Surgery & Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Best student in Clinical Surgery.
- Gold medal for First place in Final examination in all subjects.
- Johnstone Gold Medal for Best Outgoing Student of Madras Medical College.
University Prizes (M.B; B.S)
- Gold medal for first place in Final MB University Examination.
- Gold medal for best student, Medicine & Surgery.
- Madras University prize for best candidate in Surgery.
- Gold medal for first place in Clinical Subjects.
- Gold medal for Surgery.
Membership of Professional Societies:
- Member and Fellow, American College of Surgeons (2014)
- Association of Surgeons of India; 2012 to present
- International Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Association [1HPBA], 2010 to present
- Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2007 to present